Updates for 2021
We are working diligently to plan a fun and safe summer for your children! Your patience, understanding, and cooperation are greatly appreciated!
Due to the continued Covid-19 pandemic, and following guidance from national, state, and local health authorities, Iredell County Parks & Recreation will offer a MODIFIED Camp Iredell program for the summer of 2021.
Some changes to note:
- Group Sizes: group sizes are limited, with reduced capacity from previous years. This will allow us to maintain proper physical distancing, and remain within the group gathering limits set by the state.
- Staffing: Due to reduced group sizes, we will also have reduced staffing, however we will be maintaining our staff to camper ratio of no more than 1 to 10 (1 staff for each 10 campers).
- Hours: Camp will be open from 7:30am - 5:30pm daily
- Current guidance advises against field trips and/or traveling in groups, so at this time we are planning for all activities to be at the host facility. However, if we are able to include some trips later, due to future changes in the guidance and availability of resources, we will try to include those.
- Due to the limitations on field trips and capacity limits at each location, we will not be offering the Camp Iredell Adventures program in 2021. However, we have adjusted the ages of Camp Iredell, to include children ages 5-12.
- Camp will follow and enforce Covid mitigation guidelines as applicable, including but not limited to (see Parent Handbook for details, subject to change):
- Face coverings
- Physical distancing
- Health Assessments, Screenings, and/or Attestation Forms
- Increased hand washing and sanitization
- Changes to drop-off and pickup procedures
- Limited shared equipment and modified activities
Camp Iredell will use the following locations for Summer 2021.
- Troutman Site: Iredell County Recreation Center (Gym), 122 Grannis Lane, Statesville
- Mooresville Site: Brawley IB School (Gym), 132 Swift Arrow Drive, Mooresville
- Statesville Site: East Elementary School (Gym), 400 East Elementary Rd, Statesville
Capacity is limited at each site. Campers will be dropped off and picked up from the location they select during registration.
Camp Iredell is an exciting day camp offered during the summer. The program is designed to incorporate a wide variety of fun and educational activities. For 2021, this program is open to children ages 5 through 12.
Each session of camp includes a variety of structured activities that change weekly. Activities may include, but are not limited to, swimming*, guest speakers, crafts, games, environmental activities, and field trips*. Camp operates Monday through Friday throughout the summer.
(*trips & swimming if permitted by Covid guidelines for groups)
The Parent Handbook (below) contains most of the general information that parents will need to reference, including drop-off locations & times, what to bring to camp, behavior expectations, payment options/policies/fees, and more!
See the categories in the left column and the links below for additional information.
- What are the age requirements for camp? What if my child has a summer birthday?
- How do I register my child(ren) for camp?
- Do I have to register for the whole summer, or can I pick which weeks I want my child to attend?
- What are the payment options? Do I have to pay in full, or can I register with a deposit?
- Do I get a discount if I enroll more than one child?
- What if I need to cancel a week?
- If my child can not attend the entire week, can I pay for a partial week or be reimbursed for the days they are absent?
- What does camp do? Do they stay at the drop-off site the entire day?
- What does my child need to bring to camp?
- Are the campers divided into smaller groups based on age or activity?
- What is the staff to camper ratio? What is the usual age distribution in camp?
- Do we have to be an Iredell County resident to participate in your camps?
- What are the qualifications and requirements for the camp staff?